Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Policy of Jindal SAW Ltd.
Corporate Social Responsibility is
strongly connected with the principles of Sustainability; an organization
should make decisions based not only on financial factors, but also on the
social and environmental consequences. Therefore, it is the core corporate
responsibility of Jindal SAW Ltd. to practice its corporate values through its
commitment to grow in a socially and environmentally responsible way, while
meeting the interests of its stakeholders.
Jindal SAW Ltd. recognizes that its business activities have wide impact
on the societies in which it operates, and therefore an effective practice is
required giving due consideration to the interests of its stakeholders
including shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, business partners,
local communities and other organizations. The company endeavors to make CSR a
key business process for sustainable development. Jindal SAW Ltd. is
responsible to continuously enhance shareholders wealth; it is also committed
to its other stakeholders to conduct its business in an accountable manner that
creates a sustained positive impact on society. Our company is committed
towards aligning with nature; and has adopted eco-friendly practices.
As a corporate entity, the company is committed towards sustainability. Ongoing
dialogues with shareholders provide valuable approach with an objective that
each business decision takes into account it’s social and environmental impacts
All CSR activities shall be driven by the core value of Inclusion.
Jindal SAW shall ensure that all developmental activities/ initiatives undertaken
are accessible to the most marginalized segments such as children, women,
elderly and those with disabilities. This would reflect particularly in the field
of education, healthcare, sanitation, community welfare, skill development,
employment generation, infrastructure development, promotion of national
heritage & culture etc.
Jindal SAW had adopted to support
Svayam – an initiative of SJ Charitable Trust, as its CSR initiative
has been working across India towards making public infrastructure including
different modes of transportation, tourism & heritage sites, education
& employment accessible to all
irrespective of their physical or mental ability with a special focus on the
elderly, those living with disability or reduced mobility. The core guiding
principles have been:
a) to lay a foundation for an inclusive society that provides dignity to people with reduced mobility and
b) to ensure an equitable access to public resources and public infrastructure including transportation.
Activities Post New Companies Act 2013
With the advent of The Companies Act 2013 particularly Section 135 of the Act, Jindal SAW Ltd. shall undertake following activities under its CSR programme through its Registered Trust “S. J. Charitable Trust’s initiative “Svayam”.
1. Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition in vicinity of plants with a special focus on women, children, those affected by disability, displacement due to natural / manmade disasters.
2. Promoting preventive healthcare, sanitation & hygienic practices & making available safe drinking water.
3. Promoting inclusive education for all with a special focus on children with disabilities, including opening centers for research in special education / inclusive education & remedial education for the disadvantaged.
4. Special focus on educating the girl child and the underprivileged by providing appropriate infrastructure, and groom them as future value creators.
5. Promoting gender equality, conduct studies/ research with a special focus on women from vulnerable sections, economically backward & those with disabilities, self help groups etc.
6. Setting up homes for women, orphans & the senior citizens including special homes for foster care / life care of persons with disabilities in the community.
7. Creating an enabling & accessible environment for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups.
8. Assist in skill development by providing education & vocational training, coaching for placement in appropriate employment models thereby empowering the disadvantaged sections towards a dignified life.
9. To establish an educational institute to promote universal design & barrier free infrastructure and to impart training courses to access auditors, students of design, rehabilitation, education, engineering, architecture etc.
10. Ensuring environmental sustainability and ecological balance including preparing communities for disaster management from micro to macro level.
11. Create positive awareness towards the need to adopt measures that lead towards reducing carbon footprints, dependence on fossil fuels and promote alternate energy approaches.
12. Conservation of natural resources by undertaking projects such as rain water harvesting, plantation drives, protection of fauna and flora, agro-forestry, etc.
13. Animal welfare including establishing institutions for training of Guide dogs/ attendant/ service animals for persons with disabilities.
14. Protection & Restoration of national heritage and art and culture & making them accessible to all.
15. Setting up of Inclusive Public Libraries, E- Libraries, digitization of libraries, etc.
16. Promotion and development of traditional arts & handicrafts.
17. Measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans, war widows and their dependents such as promoting accessibility in their built environments, rehabilitation by aids & appliances, prosthetics, mobility appliances, artificial limbs, etc.
18. Training & Promotion of rural, nationally recognized, Paralympics or Olympics sports, including sponsorships to attend events, quality sports equipment, etc.
19. Contribution to the prime minister's national relief fund or any other fund set up by the Central Government for socio-economic development and relief and welfare of SC, ST, OBCs, minorities and women.
20. Contributions or funds provided to technology incubators located within academic institutions approved by the Central Government
21. Sponsoring and supporting rural development projects.
22. Employee participation is an important part of developing responsible citizenship. Our company encourages and motivates employees to spend time volunteering on issues of social interest.