Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Policy of Jindal SAW Ltd.Corporate Social Responsibility is strongly connected with the principles of Sustainability; an organization should make decisions based not only on financial factors, but also on the social and environmental consequences. Therefore, it is the core corporate responsibility of Jindal SAW Ltd. to practice its corporate values through its commitment to grow in a socially and environmentally responsible way, while meeting the interests of its stakeholders.
Jindal SAW Ltd. recognizes that its business activities have wide impact on the societies in which it operates, and therefore an effective practice is required giving due consideration to the interests of its stakeholders including shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, business partners, local communities and other organizations. The company endeavors to make CSR a key business process for sustainable development. Jindal SAW Ltd. is responsible to continuously enhance shareholders wealth; it is also committed to its other stakeholders to conduct its business in an accountable manner that creates a sustained positive impact on society. Our company is committed towards aligning nature; and has adopted eco-friendly policy in place. Besides regular updating, effluent management and energy efficiency, the company also undertakes plantation drives around its units.
As a corporate entity, the company is committed towards sustainability. Ongoing dialogues with shareholders provide valuable approach with an objective that each business decision takes into account it’s social and environmental impacts and plans. Providing independence and dignity to people with reduced mobility is also a key concern of the company. Svayam, a CSR initiative of the company is headed by Sminu Jindal Charitable Trust. It has been engaged in making various public places accessible to all especially the elderly and the disabled. This initiative aims at not only generating awareness about the trials and tribulations of reduced mobility challenged populace (that includes the elderly, expecting mothers, mothers with new born babies as well as toddlers and the physically challenged) but also mould public and policy makers opinion in favour of public private participation in providing and executing accessibility solutions. Svayam aspires to make India barrier free and provide universal access to all. Despite having been around for a relatively few years Svayam has taken the lead to make the public places universally accessible and barrier free to all.
Svayam was recently awarded the National Tourism Award of Excellence jointly with ASI for making the World Heritage Site of Qutab Minar in New Delhi as Most Accessible & Disabled Friendly Historical Monument.
Having been afflicted by reduced mobility as a result of an accident at the age of 11 that made the founder of Svayam - Sminu Jindal wheelchair bound physically, she did not allow her spirit to be chained. On the contrary it added wheels to her spirit, which egged her to take life head on.
Jindal SAW Ltd. is vigilant in its enforcement towards corporate principles and is committed towards sustainable development and inclusive growth. The company constantly strives to ensure strong corporate culture which emphasizes on integrating CSR values with business objective. It also pursues initiatives related to quality management, environment preservation and social awareness.
To attain its CSR objectives in a professional manner and integrated manner, the company shall:
• Undertake proactive engagement with stakeholders to actively contribute to the socio-economic development of the periphery/community in which it operates.
• Using environment friendly and safe processes in production.
• Create a positive footprint within the society by creating inclusive and enabling infrastructure/environment for livable communities.
• Ensure environmental sustainability by adopting best ecological practices and encouraging conservation/judicious use of natural resources.
• Work towards mainstreaming the marginalized segments of the society by striving towards providing equal opportunities and making meaningful difference in their lives.
• Focus on educating the girl child and the underprivileged by providing appropriate infrastructure, and groom them as future value creators.
• Assist in skill development by providing direction and technical expertise to the vulnerable thereby empowering them towards a dignified life.
• Emphasize on providing basic nutrition/health care facilities with special focus on establishing health centers for the mother and child as well as the elderly.
• Facilitate water conservation by reducing water consumption at the plants and taking up rain water harvesting projects.
• Create a business value chain which is sustainable – environmentally + socially + economically.
• Promote an inclusive work culture.
• Work towards generating awareness for creating public infrastructure that is barrier free, inclusive and enabling for all including the elderly and the disabled.
• Create positive awareness towards the need to adopt measures that lead towards reducing carbon footprints, dependence on fossil fuels and promote alternate energy approaches.
• Promoting the well being and development of employees and their families through an inspiring corporate culture that engenders good values.
• Employee participation is an important part of developing responsible citizenship. Our company encourages and motivates employees to spend time volunteering on issues of their interest.
• At the time of national crisis, as a company it is imperative for us to respond to emergency situations & disasters by providing timely help to affected victims and their families.